Learn to organize and optimize your photos with Lightroom 6
This will be a two day field workshop located in the area of the Buffalo National River in North Central Arkansas
Join me for an extraordinary photography workshop in Bosque Del Apache national wildlife refuge and White Sands National Monument in southern New Mexico December 6-11, 2015
Buffalo National River
Welcome to Greg Disch Photography
Wonderful images of this great United States, our natural world, scenic locations, our public lands, outdoor recreation, and other subjects fill these pages. Please take your time and enjoy your visit. I am truely interested in your comments about my work and my site.
Greg Disch is a freelance photographer located in Arkansas. Greg specializes in nature, scenic, wildlife, and other outdoor subjects in Arkansas and other areas of the country. Greg also shoots portraits and event photography and is available for assignments. Most of the images on this site are available for sale as prints, personal use, or rights managed stock photos.
Workshops and Classes
Complete photography workshop information, including schedules, and individual outlines are found within the Workshops section.
Greg offers both classroom instruction and in the field hands on photographic workshops. Classroom sessions are normally held in Fort Smith Arkansas, but arrangements can be made to bring a class to your group.
All classes and workshops have small class sizes designed to provide an optimum student to instructor ratio, where you can get the personal attention you need.
My workshops and classes are designed around the students needs, with a hands on approach.I provide a photography workshop, not just a photo tour, my goal is provide you with as much personal hands on assistance as possible. I will check with each participant to see how you are doing and if you need help, if you wish for assistance let me know, if not just let me know, and you will be free to shoot on your own. I am more than willing to look through your viewfinder or at your LCD to check your images and offer constructive critique.
I will be posting an ongoing project I call“Photographic Destinations”.
Great Places for Great Photos
Let me help you to find a great location for your next photography adventure. I will list many lesser known destinations, as well as the famous “Icon Locations” for photography. I will provide photos (Lots of Photos), location information, consisting of what there is to photograph as well as other information about the destination. I will give costs, maps, directions, contact information, and other essential information for a successful photo trip. I will only post for locations that I have personally photographed to insure a quality guide to great locations for photography.
If you know of great places that are not posted, please send me the details, I may just decide that is a place I need to go!
Recently Added Photos
- Learn Lightroom 6 Weekend Workshop Nov. 21-22, 2015 Learn to organize and optimize your photos with Lightroom 6
- Fall Colors Photography Workshop November 6-8, 2015 This will be a two day field workshop located in the area of the Buffalo National River in North Central Arkansas
- Bosque del Apache and White Sands Photography Workshop Join me for an extraordinary photography workshop in Bosque Del Apache national wildlife refuge and White Sands National Monument in southern New Mexico December 6-11, 2015
Stock Photo Galleries
- Browse Images
- Create and Save Personal Lightboxes
- Purchase Licensing Rights
- Download High Resolution Files
- Download Personal Use Files
- Order Prints
Photography “How To:” articles designed to help teach you a specific concept or type of photography.
- How to Photograph the Milky Way
- How to Photograph Holiday Lights
- Happy New Year- Time to Start Fresh With Your Photo Organization
- How to Photograph Star Trails
- How to Photograph People at Night – Without Flash
- Poteau Balloon Fest – Tips for Better Photos
- Wildflower Photography Tips
- Guide to Photographing Elk in Arkansas
- How to: Photograph A Public Aquarium
- How to: Photograph Fireworks
- How to Photograph Waterfalls
- How to Photograph Wildflowers
- Digital Night Photography
Articles to help learn and make the most of Adobe Lightroom.
- Lightroom 2 – Making the Most of the Filmstrip
- Lightroom 2 – Finding Photos Using Keywords
- LR2/Blog Export Plugin
- Lightroom 2 – Keywords Part 4 – Managing Keywords
- Lightroom 2 – Keywords Part 3 – Settings and Synonyms
- Lightroom 2 Tips – Keyboard Shortcuts
- Lightroom 2 – Keywords Part 2 – Applying Keywords
- Lightroom 2 – Keywords Part 1
- Lightroom 2 – File Organization
- Lightroom Tips and Lessons #1
Greg will personally review and let you know what’s what. This may be anything related to photography (you could use anything for a subject) so you can expect to find a broad range of products appearing here in the future.
A photo backstory is the behind the scenes look at how a photo was taken (or made) and may include technical information, lighting setups and the story behind the place or activity. I hope that seeing how I created different photos may help to inspire you to be a better photographer.